First of all, please note that this article is about accessing a Server instance, not a Desktop instance.
How to access a Desktop can be found in this FAQ article.
You cannot "launch" a Server instance directly from the portal.
You will have to use a Desktop session as hub to connect to the Server instance, below a guide how to access a Server.
- Lookup some parameters:
Login into the portal with an Admin account.
Browse to the "Servers" tab, click on "view details" of the desired server.
Note down the IP Address of the Server.
- Connect to a Desktop:
Login into the portal with an User account or an Admin account.
Launch a Desktop that is in the same internal network (All Desktops/Servers of a customer are in the same internal network; not applicable for sub-customers/projects).
- Open a "Remote Desktop Connection" to the server:
Within the Desktop, you'll need to run the program "Remote Desktop Connection".
Click on the button.
- Fill in the Server IP Address (noted down in step 1) as Computer, fill in "\Administrator" as User name & click "Connect". Mind the "\" before "Administrator"!
- You can trust the remote connection to the server, click again "Connect".
- Fill in the Server password (sent to you via email) & click "OK".
- Click "Yes" when the certificate pop-up is shown.
- All done, you're connected to the Server using a remote connection from a Desktop.